Wednesday 31 July 2019

Using thw Warioware DIY interface - How to Music Makermatic

This post will be dedicated to features in Warioware DIY that are really useful, but that are also not really used to their full potential. I'm going to look at them today!

Underrated In-game Features

Shuffle Beat
See the little dude on the pogo stick? Click on him and you might be able to make your song sound better with a Shuffle Beat. A good example of when I used the Shuffle Beat is in Staff Roll - Super Mario 64. Note that it only really works if notes are right next to each other, like the Rhythm section of Staff Roll.


Tempo/Speed
Use the tempo to your advantage! Once you figure out what all the different notes from my second post mean, you can half both the tempo and the sizes of all the notes in order to fit more of a song in the 24 tracks. A good example of when I used the tempo to my advantage is in Tomorrow Hill - Warioware Smooth Moves. The tempo of Tomorrow Hill is usually 120, but if you look at the top of the video, I changed it to 60 so I could fit the whole song.

Mix and Match
Don't be afraid to mix and match different instruments together. Since a lot of instruments sound so different, they often compliment each other somehow. Some examles of instrument combos I like include;

  • Flute and Melodica
  • Piano and Acoustic Guitar
  • Marimba and Banjo
  • Wah Dude and Opera Man (sounds like a superhero duo lol)
  • Fah-Fah (Blooper) and Melodica
  • Any 8-Bit sounds with each other.
Save Often
I know I said this already, but I've lost quite a few songs forgetting to do this. Please don't forget!

For tomorrow's post, we will go over in detail the different ways you can record and upload DIY covers. I'll be back tomorrow for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment