Thursday 1 August 2019

Uploading and Sharing Covers - How to Music Makermatic

Hi guys! This is the last informative post before I make the final one in a week to answer any questions I might have missed! This post will be about the different ways you can record your DIY covers for sharing on the internet. Then I will go over the best place to share your songs.

Recording

AUX/Audio Cord with laptop
This method allows you to basically record the audio from your DS of choice to your computer. For this method, you will need;
  • A PC/laptop with a place to plug in a microphone - This will vary in price
  • An audio card attachment (if you don't have a mic plug in) - Cheap online
  • AUX cord/male to male lead - Cheap online
Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Its easy to use
  • Its cheap to do (unless you don't have a laptop)
Cons
  • You will miss out on visuals with this method unless you can video edit
Phone/Camera on a tripod
This is how I started out, simply because I didn't know there were other affordable ways. For this method, you simply point your phone or camera towards your DS of choice and record the creen. For this method, you will need;
  • A phone or camera
Pros and Cons

Pros
  • Easy to use
  • Its cheap to do (unless you don't have a pone/camera)
  • Allows you to record visuals
Cons
  • Static Warning!
  • You'll need to record in a dark room and be quiet for the best quality.
DS/3DS Capture Card
This is the best form of recording someone could get their hands on. It allows you to record in the best quality (both visuals and audio). I'm not going to go in much detail here because it is extremely difficult to find a capture card. Even if you do, its a crazy price.

My recommendation would be to use the AUX cord method if you can.

Where to share covers?
  • YouTube - This is where I share a lot of my covers. Its the best for sharing videos of anything!
  • Soundcloud - If you use the AUX cord method, this is another great site to share your covers. Plus, you play them in the background (unlike with YouTube
  • Twitter - Even though I moved on from the phone/camera method of recording, I still do it on Twitter to share sneak peeks of future covers
  • Discord - This is kind of cheating, since you can't share large files (unless you have Nitro), but its a good place to share YouTube/Soundcloud links! You can join the Warioware DIY Discord server here!
Well that is all the information I have to teach everyone through my own personal experience and findings. Now I need to find out what I missed! I will give everyone a week to ask me any further questions, then I will write a final post answering as many as possible. I don't know much about extremely technical computer things, but I can help with anything in the base game.

Thank you so much t everyone for reading through all these posts and I hoped I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment